Weaving Dreams was my brainchild back in 2014 and has been evolving in small ways ever since. I started off by making Dreamcatchers for fun which later turned out to be something people wanted to buy. And I thought to myself "Hey! Why not?". That was the beginning of me making a few Dreamcatchers for Tollywood movie sets as well. I went on to be featured in newspapers as well and the business evolved. I took it further by exploring art through the world of Mandalas and started taking workshops in the city which saw so many budding art enthusiasts come together. Further went on to take up quilling as a passion as well. I've conducted one on one workshops at : - The Salt House , Kolkata - Roastery Coffee House, Kolkata - The Leafy Affaire, Kolkata - Terminal 11, Kolkata - Online workshops
Watercolour Mandala with Guncha
Mandalas are the artwork of the East – they are widely used in many Eastern cultures but are strongly associated with Buddhism You would likely have seen these geometric, diagrammatic, colourful pieces in a monastery with monks chanting as they prepare their art. Learn how to paint meditative mandalas using watercolour as your base medium. As you go through the painting process, you’ll realize why these are used in art therapy as a way to practice relieve anxiety, stress, and panic attacks. Painting mandalas not only soothes the soul, but it’s great fun, too. Beginners are welcome to join!
Instructor Guncha, founded Weaving Dreams India in 2014 to bring her art to the world. Apart from Mandala art, she specializes in Quilling and Dreamcatchers. Her Dreamcatchers have become famous by being features on the sets of several Tollywood movies! Before the lockdown she was also conducting workshops in Kolkata.
- Introduction to mandala watercolour painting;
- Introduction to painting materials;
- Knowing your palette;
- Holding a brush;
- Basic techniques;
- Final painting;
- Learn the meaning of mandala;
- Learn to create different shapes and how to incorporate it into your final design;
- Basic watercolour techniques;
- Participants must have:
- Mixing plate
- Black microtip pen
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You don’t need any prior experience to attend this webinar, just an eager mind would do;
- Instructions will be in English.
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.
It was an amazing, fabulous and really helpful workshop. Even the mentor was so friendly n sweet..I enjoyed a ton......