I do not quite remember the first time I got a panic attack, or the first time I had these chain of thoughts that gradually became deep rooted. Initially, I would think that this is how humans function, this is how the mind works, and this is what adulting actually is. But since the moment these thoughts started being a hurdle for me in turn, I knew that something was wrong, and that something needs to be done about it. As a student, I was a scholar, an achiever, also a trained classical dancer and singer- I was always under the spotlight. People would admire me, talk to me about how popular I was in school and college but little did they all know that with all the recognition, I was still questioning my abilities each day, I would still feel incompetent, and would question myself every single day. Professionally, I am a Forensic Psychologist, and apart from that people say that I have good counseling skills, they say that I am a good listener. But this listener needs a good listener as well! Amidst all the chaos from the anxiety, keeping myself sane enough was the best I was doing at one point until now. But even that came with a lot of self-doubt. With this pertinent question in my mind as to what shall be done, here I am making art out of my anxiety!
Understanding Emotions through Zen Art by Ankita
Zen Art consists of spontaneous and free flowing designs – the designs, patterns and the method representing the unrestrained nature of this art form. It is an abstract form of art, open to interpretations- just like we all are! Through this art form, we will be trying to understand and explore our emotions and represent our emotions through beautiful designs and patterns!
About the Instructor (in their own words)
Professionally, I am a Forensic Psychologist, and apart from that people say that I have good counselling skills, they say that I am a good listener. Amidst all the chaos from the anxiety, keeping myself sane enough was the best I was doing at one point until now. But even that came with a lot of self-doubt. With this pertinent question in my mind as to what shall be done, here I am making art out of my anxiety! I hope you all love this art-ful journey along with me!
- Learning basic Zen Art designs;
- Understanding how Zen Art can be used as a therapeutic art form;
- Depicting emotions through Zen Art;
- Learning to maintain a Zen Art journal for emotional catharsis;
Workshop Specific Points:
- Participants must have:
- A4 size sheets/any white sheet;
- Coloured pens/sketch pens;
- No prior skill or experience is required for this workshop – Just a knack for art, little patience and lots of crazy ideas!
- Instructions will be in English. The instructor is also comfortable with Hindi and Bengali;
Other Important Points
- The image used in promotions and workshop details cover is for representation and may or may not be the exact work taught in the workshop. In the case of arts or crafts workshops, the image used is of an original work created by the instructor unless specifically stated;
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- Bodhiroom does not record its webinars;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.
The Zentangle art form consists of spontaneous and free flowing designs- the designs, patterns and the method itself representing the unrestrained nature of this art form. It is an abstract form of art, open to interpretations- just like we all are! Even though being open to interpretations, nothing in this art form is considered to be wrong- if you don't like a particular design or a stroke, then it becomes an opportunity for a new tangle- and isn't that how life is supposed to be? It is even considered a therapeutic medium of art. Through this art form, we will be indulging in understanding and exploring our emotions and represent our emotions through beautiful designs and patterns! These two hours would be as much of art as it will be of self exploration. Looking forward to have you all on this emotionally art-ful journey!
- Just a knack for art, little patience and lots of crazy ideas!
Please also suggest easier-to-find alternatives for materials wherever possible. The easier it is to arrange materials, the more likely people will want to attend. A4 size sheets/any white sheet.Pencil, Eraser, Scale and Sharpener.Coloured pens/Sketch pens.