I'm Geetanjali, a Quilling and Calligraphy artist pursuing MSc Mathematics from Miranda House, DU. I'm working as a freelance artist and an art instructor since last 2 years. I have an experience of 8+ years in quilling and 3+ years in Calligraphy. I have conducted 30+ workshops by now with a total of 350+ students. I take commission orders as well fro different products such as quilling portraits, nameplates, cards, jewellery, Calligraphy artworks etc. You can reach out to me via email or instagram for the same.
Quilling for Beginners
Quilling is one of those rare art forms that seems easy to pick up but is actually very intricate. It is essentially the art of manipulating strips of paper into beautiful designs that can adorn harder surfaces like cards, book covers etc. It has its roots in Renaissance Europe where it was used to great effect in decorating books and religious items.
- Introduction to the materials and set-up and art form
- How to choose the right paper
- Introduction to the gluing technique
- Writing letters with on-edge technique using paper
- Fill-up technique using scrolls
- Different ways to use fill-up techniques (with examples)
- Care instructions and wrap up
Geetanjali is currently pursuing her final year of graduation from University of Delhi. She has an art account on instagram (@craftic_echoes). She has been an art enthusiast since her school days and has even exhibited her handmade products for sale in the past. Apart from quilling she is also proficient in brush calligraphy, and has tried her hands on several other artforms like acrylic pouring, painting, card making, dreamcatchers, mandalas etc.
- Participants must have:
- 4 x 5mm wide white strips of thicker paper (e.g. ivory sheet, card stock, sketching book, drawing book)
- 5 x 5mm strips of various coloured paper (or simple A4 printing sheets as an alternative)
- A6 size of sheet (ivory/watercolor papers/cardstock/any thick base) for the base. A6 is roughly 1/4th the size of A4
- Basic stationary (pencil, eraser, scale and a pen without refill)
- Rough paper/plastic sheet(preferred)
- Tweezers (optional)
- Slotted tool (optional)
- You don’t need any prior experience to attend this webinar, just an eager mind would do;
- Instructions will be in English, but the instructor is comfortable with Hindi as well;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.
overall it was a very good and learning experience
- Unnati Jain
It was interactive and amazing.
This session has been really helpful. Looking forward attend more.