Mandala Art with Chakshita
Mandalas are the artwork of the East – they are widely used in many Eastern cultures but are strongly associated with Buddhism You would likely have seen these geometric, diagrammatic, colourful pieces in a monastery with monks chanting as they prepare their art. Mandalas are used to represent the cosmos and the wholeness of all things. Not only is this art beautiful, the act of creating it is meditative.
Your instructor, Chakshita is a budding Artist by passion. In her daily life she is a student pursuing Philosophy from St. Stephen’s College. She would also describe herself as a lost traveler and a dedicated learner!
- Techniques of Gridding and structuring a mandala
- Patterns to incorporate
- Combining combination techniques
- Colouring tricks
- Participants will be making a basic mandala and learning about the art form and its origin and relevance
- The instructor will make use of her own videos and Google Meet’s screen-sharing option to showcase different techniques and answer participants’ questions effectively.
- Participants must have:
- 2 x white paper sheets;
- 2 x pencils;
- a scale (ruler);
- an eraser;
- a protractor (round);
- black microtip pens of size 0.2mm and 0.4mm (or any normal gel pen);
- a compass.
- You don’t need any prior experience to attend this webinar, just an eager mind would do;
- Instructions will be in English and Hindi.
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.
the session was very insightful for a beginner. Enjoyed it with my son. One feedback is that The instructions in pen would give more clarity.