Weaving Dreams was my brainchild back in 2014 and has been evolving in small ways ever since. I started off by making Dreamcatchers for fun which later turned out to be something people wanted to buy. And I thought to myself "Hey! Why not?". That was the beginning of me making a few Dreamcatchers for Tollywood movie sets as well. I went on to be featured in newspapers as well and the business evolved. I took it further by exploring art through the world of Mandalas and started taking workshops in the city which saw so many budding art enthusiasts come together. Further went on to take up quilling as a passion as well. I've conducted one on one workshops at : - The Salt House , Kolkata - Roastery Coffee House, Kolkata - The Leafy Affaire, Kolkata - Terminal 11, Kolkata - Online workshops
Make a Dreamcatcher with Guncha
Dreamcatchers don’t just have a great name, they also have a strong association with Native American culture in which these colourful creations were used as protection charms especially for children. Nowadays, intricate dreamcatchers are a perfect adornment for that quiet nook of your house where you sit and sip a hot drink on a rainy day.
Instructor Guncha, founded Weaving Dreams India in 2014 to bring her art to the world. Apart from Mandala art, she specializes in Quilling and Dreamcatchers. Her Dreamcatchers have become famous by being features on the sets of several Tollywood movies! Before the lockdown she was also conducting workshops in Kolkata.
You’ll learn how to:
- Ring the hoop of a dreamcatcher with different colours;
- Weave the middle of a dreamcatcher;
- Transform your Dreamcatcher to a keychain or a wall hanging;
- Participants must have:
- Plastic hoop or old bangle;
- Threads of different colours;
- Feathers (if any);
- Old charms (if any);
- Participants must be aged 15 years or older.
- You don’t need any prior experience to attend this webinar, just an eager mind would do;
- Instructions will be in English;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app;
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications;
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics;
Very nice experience...loved the work by guncha