I am a literature graduate currently pursuing an MBA. I am a self-taught artist. I try to experiment with different styles and mediums. I am a folk art enthusiast, both Indian and international. I like to explore Celtic knots and geometric patterns.
Islamic Style Rosette Art with Palak
Islamic art often uses surfaces covered with beautifully complex geometric patterns. It allows one to reflect upon the language of the universe and unity of one with the same. For example, the never-ending circle represents the infinite nature of the universe and God. The complex patterns exhibit an illusion of infinite repetition which shows that despite being tiny and insignificant as an individual human being we are all an integral part of the universe. We are one with the universe. We are the universe.
About the Instructor (in their own words)
I am an artist based in Delhi. I started out my art journey by exploring various folk art forms and slowly moved to various art styles and mediums.
- A brief introduction to Islamic patterns;
- Using geometry to make ten-fold rosette pattern;
- Trace a single pattern to make a larger and coherent pattern;
- To use watercolours to paint the same.
Workshop Specific Points:
- Participants must have:
- Geometry set including (pencil, eraser, sharpener, compass, a long ruler);
- Tracing paper (preferably cut in A4 or A5 sizes);
- 3-4 x A3 white sheets (thick ones);
- Watercolour set (tube or cake both works);
- Masking tape;
- Paint brushes (round);
- No prior skill or experience is required for this workshop;
- Instructions will be in English. The instructor is also comfortable with Hindi;
Other Important Points
- The image used in promotions and workshop details cover is for representation and may or may not be the exact work taught in the workshop. In the case of arts or crafts workshops, the image used is of an original work created by the instructor unless specifically stated;
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- Bodhiroom does not record its webinars;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.