How to Remain Sane during COVID-19
COVID-19 and the global lockdown following its spread has been an unprecedented event in our already stressful lives. While the lockdown may be coming to an end, other worries play on all our minds: the continuing spread of the virus, job security fears and last but not the least the stress from seeing the human trauma associated with the virus playing out on our screens. If you are feeling overwhelmed by the whole situation, this webinar will try and guide you through examining those negative thoughts and provide you with some tools and exercises that can help you keep your negative emotions in check.
The instructor, Ms. Ashmita Dhawan, has a Masters in Clinical Psychology and a Canadian Board certification in Gerontology, the scientific study of aging. She has been working for the past 4 years with many hospitals, clinics and corporate organizations in India and Canada. Besides clinical experience, Ashmita loves to interact with people and conduct stress management workshops on a range of topics to help individuals learn new coping skills.
The workshop is going to help participants engage in some thought provoking activities so that they are able to better manage the effects of lockdown. It will also focus on identifying some useful coping styles with lots of engaging content to take away.
- Participants must have: a pen and paper, 1 balloon (not blown up)
- You don’t need any prior experience to attend this webinar, just an eager mind would do;
- Instructions will be in English and Hindi.
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.
I really liked the balloon activity. Instructor explained it in very simple language and it was easy to understand
It was a nice experience overall.