I’m a 21 year old self taught artist for whom the world of colours and art is a happy escape. I picked up some sketch pens at the age of 5. And have never been able to part with my stationery since. I try to add colour to everything I do and sometimes all one needs to make a new colour is some black and white. I’ve loved to always explore all kinds of art forms of styles however the one that stuck the most to me is Hand Lettering.
Hand-Lettering with Chandni
The art of lettering has been an important one for centuries and across many cultures. From Arabs to the Japanese, lettering has not just been about the words but about the beauty with which they’re depicted. The advent of the information age means that most professional lettering is done on tablet computers. However, in this workshop you will be taken back to the basics and shown how to letter beautifully by hand.
About the Instructor (in their own words)
I am Chandni, based in Kolkata. Currently I’m in the final year of my Bachelors in Management Studies. I’m a self-taught artist for whom the world of colours and art is my happy escape. I’ve loved to always explore all kinds of art forms of styles however the one that stuck the most with me is Hand Lettering. I have recently also tied up with a clothing brand, The Mandalees who have both an Indian as well as a North American website. They take my designs to print on their shirts in return of royalty.
- Walk-through steps of one of instructor’s hand-lettered quotes;
- How to mix different kinds of fonts and scripts in one quote;
- Adding different illustrations in the quote or the background;
Workshop Specific Points:
- Participants must have:
- Watercolours or coloured pens;
- Cartridge paper;
- A thin brush (preferably size 2/3);
- Black gel pen;
- No prior skill or experience is required for this workshop;
- Instructions will be in English. The instructor is also comfortable with Hindi;
Other Important Points
- The image used in promotions and workshop details cover is for representation and may or may not be the exact work taught in the workshop. In the case of arts or crafts workshops, the image used is of an original work created by the instructor unless specifically stated;
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- Bodhiroom does not record its webinars;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.