I am a self taught artist who has been immersed in art since childhood.
Galaxy Mandalas with Palak
Mandalas are the artwork of the East – they are widely used in many Eastern cultures but are strongly associated with Buddhism You would likely have seen these geometric, diagrammatic, colourful pieces in a monastery with monks chanting as they prepare their art. In this age of creativity, artists have molded this ancient artform to newer techniques. Once such technique is to incorporate galaxies and galaxy shapes into Mandalas.
About the instructor (in their own words):
I am a self-taught artist who has been into art since childhood. I am a Gold Medallist and completed my post-graduation studies in management from University of Manchester, UK. Until last year, I never thought I would be showcasing my artworks with the world until my friends and family encouraged me to do so. I love working with different art mediums and bases. I vouch for the meditative aspect of art and how art helps in unwinding from day to day stress.
- Introduction to mandala art;
- Basic mandala patterns;
- How to make mandala grids;
- How to make a galaxy pattern;
- Incorporating galaxy patterns with mandalas;
- Recommendations of best materials;
Workshop Specific Points:
- Participants must have:
- Black gel pen;
- 2 jars of water;
- Mixing palette;
- Paper towel;
- You don’t need any prior experience to attend this webinar, just an eager mind would do;
- Instructions will be in English. The instructor is also comfortable with Hindi;
Other Important Points
- The image used in promotions and workshop details cover is for representation and may or may not be the exact work taught in the workshop. In the case of arts or crafts workshops, the image used is of an original work created by the instructor unless specifically stated;
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- Bodhiroom does not record its webinars;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.