I am an artist based in Delhi. I have familiarity with different art forms and mediums from watercolours to oils. I do graphic designing as well. I also engage in crafts and installation art.
Floral Wreaths and Hand-Lettering with Saloni
You might have seen actual floral wreaths made of flowers, leaves, buds, etc. used as decorative objects used in homes and other places and ceremonies. These floral wreaths are now painted on paper and fabrics to create custom prints and posters. These can be painted in acrylics, gouache or watercolour. In this workshop, participants will be painting the wreaths in acrylics. Participants will also be writing within the wreath using hand lettering techniques (calligraphy to create art posters. This is a contemporary style of decorative art form.
About the Instructor (in their own words)
I’m an artist based in Delhi. I’ve been engaging with different art forms and crafts from my school days. I have substantial experience in mediums such as water colours, oils and acrylics. I like to experiment with different surfaces. I’ve also held the position of coordinator of fine arts society of my college and am familiar with organizing of exhibitions and student workshops. Currently I’m exploring graphic designing and 3D crafts.
- Paint flowers and other floral objects in circular patterns;
- Use hand lettering to create messages within in the wreath;
- Paint the floral wreath with shading in acrylics;
- Make a poster/ decorative art piece;
Workshop Specific Points:
- Participants must have:
- White A4 size sheet – preferably Ivory/ cartridge sheet;
- Acrylic paints (different shades);
- Poster colours can also work but acrylics are recommended;
- Brushes of different sizes (small to medium);
- Black sketch pen;
- No prior experience is required for participants;
- Instructions will be in English. The instructor is also comfortable with Hindi;
Other Important Points
- The image used in promotions and workshop details cover is for representation and may or may not be the exact work taught in the workshop. In the case of arts or crafts workshops, the image used is of an original work created by the instructor unless specifically stated;
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- Bodhiroom does not record its webinars;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.