I am pursuing my Undergraduation from University of Delhi. I have always been inclined towards art and exploring new sides of creativity. I always found Brush Lettering satusfying and no it has been an year when I do it too. I love sharing my experience and knowledge with others too. Fun fact : If you love sweet "Sooji Golgappa" you have my heart.
Faux Calligraphy with Hera
Have you always been mesmerized by the elegant brush strokes and beautiful lettering while watching calligraphy videos on Facebook or Instagram? Then this is your chance to learn how it’s done! It’s a misconception that calligraphy always requires those expensive pens or inks. It can also be done using a simple pen or a pencil. ‘Faux’ is the French word for ‘fake’ and since we’ll be using a pen or a pencil to do it, faux calligraphy is a replica of Brush Calligraphy. Join this beginner-friendly workshop and learn the art of faux calligraphy!
About the Instructor (in their own words):
I’m an under-graduate student from University of Delhi and have always been inclined towards Art and exploring new sides of creativity. In the last year that I have been practicing Brush Lettering, I’ve always found it to be so satisfying. I love sharing my experience and knowledge with others! (Fun fact: If you love sweet “Sooji Golgappa,” then you have my heart.)
- Understanding the basic angles of faux calligraphy;
- Getting the basic drills right;
- Learning uppercase and lowercase letters;
- Understanding shadows and composition in faux calligraphy;
Workshop Specific Points:
- Participants must have:
- Ballpoint/Gel Pen;
- Ruled Sheets;
- No prior knowledge is required for this workshop;
- Instructions will be in English. The instructor is also comfortable with Hindi;
Other Important Points
- The image used in promotions and workshop details cover is for representation and may or may not be the exact work taught in the workshop. In the case of arts or crafts workshops, the image used is of an original work created by the instructor unless specifically stated;
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app;
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email ID as the one you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications;
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- Bodhiroom does not record its webinars;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.