Weaving Dreams was my brainchild back in 2014 and has been evolving in small ways ever since. I started off by making Dreamcatchers for fun which later turned out to be something people wanted to buy. And I thought to myself "Hey! Why not?". That was the beginning of me making a few Dreamcatchers for Tollywood movie sets as well. I went on to be featured in newspapers as well and the business evolved. I took it further by exploring art through the world of Mandalas and started taking workshops in the city which saw so many budding art enthusiasts come together. Further went on to take up quilling as a passion as well. I've conducted one on one workshops at : - The Salt House , Kolkata - Roastery Coffee House, Kolkata - The Leafy Affaire, Kolkata - Terminal 11, Kolkata - Online workshops
Dot Mandala Art with Guncha
Thought you could only put pen to paper to make a mandala? Dot mandala is the current trend! Learn how to make dot art on old CDs using just earbuds, paint brushes and toothpicks. You would likely have seen these geometric, diagrammatic, colorful pieces in a monastery with monks chanting as they prepare their art. Mandalas are used to represent the cosmos and the wholeness of all things. Not only is this art beautiful, the act of creating it is meditative.
Instructor Guncha, founded Weaving Dreams India in 2014 to bring her art to the world. Apart from Mandala art, she specializes in Quilling and Dreamcatchers. Her Dreamcatchers have become famous by being features on the sets of several Tollywood movies! Before the lockdown she was also conducting workshops in Kolkata.
- Dotting techniques
- Colour combination patterns
- Creativity to make the best use of waste
- Participants must have:
- Acrylic paints (black and bright colours);
- An old CD (compact disc)
- Any item with a flat, round bottom (E.g. back of a pencil);
- You don’t need any prior experience to attend this webinar, just an eager mind would do;
- Instructions will be in English;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app;
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications;
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics;
- 2 June 2020 16:00:00
- 2 June 2020 17:30:00