Brush Calligraphy with Sonam
Brush Calligraphy is a form of modern calligraphy in which the traditional tools of calligraphy are switched with brush pens or brushes. This is an extremely relaxing form of art as it requires a lot of concentration. The best part is that anyone who knows how to write, can create brush calligraphy with little practice (without any knowledge of art). In this workshop participants will explore the dimensions of brush calligraphy with the easiest techniques.
About the Instructor (in their own words)
Hello, I am Sonam Mishra I am an artist by passion. I have worked as an Assistant Professor in engineering colleges but art is something that I have always cherished. I have taught more than 1000 students (in person & online) over the years. I have always believed that each and every soul on earth is artistic, only their art form is different. Come join me in exploring different dimensions of art and improving your skills. You can check out my artworks on my Instagram account @nam_a.r.t.s
- Basic Strokes of Calligraphy;
- How to create alphabets?;
- Word formation;
- Combining words together;
- Layout Design;
Workshop Specific Points:
- Participants must have:
- Paper (2-3 sheets for practice);
- Brush Pens (You can buy it at local shops or this Amazon link);
- You don’t need any prior experience to attend this webinar, just an eager mind would do;
- Instructions will be in English. The instructor is also comfortable with Hindi;
Other Important Points
- The image used in promotions and workshop details cover is for representation and may or may not be the exact work taught in the workshop. In the case of arts or crafts workshops, the image used is of an original work created by the instructor unless specifically stated;
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.
It was Nice experience , learned something new in this lockdown
It was a wonderful session. Sonam was very patient in answering allthe questions. We were made sure we understand everything. This was my first ever workshop in calligraphy and I'm satisfied.
- Rachael david
Wonderful session but also expected some advance technique. Found little too basics. Overall amazing !!