Bhil Art with Alphee
Bhils are one of the largest tribal communities of India, especially concentrated around Central India. Their folk art which often adorns the facades of their village houses is known as Bhil Art and is instantly recognisable for its colourful, exaggerated depictions of rural life. Each image is composed of a multitude of dots which come together into a beautiful whole.
About the Instructor (in their own words)
I am Delhi-based professional creative artist, an India book of records holder. I work as an educator with an International School. My work is worship for me, I paint each day. I believe that art is a medium of self-expression. I have also done many workshops with underprivileged kids, working women, kids and many more. I have also done exhibitions all around in India and abroad and have many private collections too.
- Knowledge of folk art;
- Techniques involved;
- Beauty of folk art;
- Creating your own masterpiece;
Workshop Specific Points:
- Participants must have:
- A4 size sheet (light colour);
- Pencil colours /brush pens /acrylic colours /water colours;
- Brush (size 0,1,2);
- No prior skill or experience is required for this workshop;
- Instructions will be in English. The instructor is also comfortable with Hindi;
Other Important Points
- The image used in promotions and workshop details cover is for representation and may or may not be the exact work taught in the workshop. In the case of arts or crafts workshops, the image used is of an original work created by the instructor unless specifically stated;
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- Bodhiroom does not record its webinars;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.
- learning a folk art , a combination with earthy , and use of bright colours and creating uneven dots over it , in several patterns . the Dots in Bhil art are not random . we will be ,learning a lovely traditional folk art
- I am Delhi based Professional Creative Artist , India book of records holder , i am working as an educator with an International School , my work is worship for me ,i paint each day ,art is a medium of expression , i have been part of many Ngo , i have done many workshops with underprivileged kids ,working women , kids and many more , i have done exhibitions all around in India and abroad. and have many private collections too .
- 90 min
- 16/08/2020 00:00
- 23/08/2020 00:00
- 26/07/2020 00:00
A 4 size sheet ( light color ) Pencil/ eraserPencil colors /brush pens /Acrylic color /water colors Markers Brush (0,1,2) size container /tissue