The Folded Paper is a positive community for people interested in writing. The basic faith of the community is ‘anyone can write’. Only condition is the willingness to write; the ability to write can be learnt with time, practise, and a shift in mindset. The founders - a Creative Content Writer and an English Honors student at Delhi University, became friends at Toastmasters (a place to hone public speaking skills) and found their common passion for writing. They wish to encourage people to ‘write a little more than before’ through fun and engaging online and offline activities. Frequent community meetings for practising writing, focused workshops to learn and enhance writing skills, and an official WhatsApp group help, both, the experienced and new writers gain confidence for self-expression and creativity through writing.
Beginners Writing Kit
When we try to write, we face many challenges, like lack of time, topics, and motivation, self-doubt, writer’s block, and more. In this workshop, The Folded Paper group will be bundling their learnings into a writing kit. In the kit, beginners will find motivation, helpful advice, direction, and a community for writing.
The Folded Paper started as a positive community for people interested in writing. The basic faith of the community is ‘anyone can write’. Only condition is the willingness to write; the ability to write can be learnt with time, practise, and a shift in mindset. Created by a Creative Content Writer and an English Honors student at Delhi University, this community wishes to ‘write a little more than before’ through fun and engaging online and offline activities.
Goals of the workshop:
• Learn advice, tips, and solutions that has worked for us to tackle common writing challenges
• Break myths and perceive writing in a positive light through fun, insightful, and informative activities.
• Rediscover and establish writing’s benefits and make self-expression through writing pleasurable and eventually a way of life.
• Talking through how to open up the writer’s mindset
• A bit of theory
• 3 challenges to help work the participants’ writing muscles
• Discussion and wrap up
• Participants must have a notebook/paper and something to write with.
• You don’t need any prior experience to attend this webinar, just an eager mind would do;
• Instructions will be in English;
• You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
• You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
• Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
• For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.
It was good and insightful