Beginners Warli Art with Manya
Warli paintings are a traditional art form which originated in Maharashtra, India. They were originally done by tribal people of the region. They practiced the art as a way of connecting themselves to nature, and so Warli art form uses a lot of different geometric shapes in the art work like a circle, square, triangle etc. Each of these represent different nature elements. Warli art was traditionally done by people on the red bricks houses with rice flour. Even now in Maharashtra this art form is widely practiced and houses and buildings are still decorated with Warli motifs.
About the Instructor (in their own words)
I am a self-taught artist and passionate about art. For me art is the way to calm myself and bring peace to my mind. I love to work with different mediums and bases. I like taking up new art techniques and enjoy the process of making and I strongly believe that art is all about painting the dreams into reality.
- Basics of Warli art;
- Learning the basics of Warli figures (humans, trees, birds, animals);
- Composing and creating art work based on the basics learnt;
- How to bring a new touch to the traditional art;
- Understanding the beauty of Warli Art;
Workshop Specific Points:
- Participants must have:
- 3 x A4 Size Plain Sheets/ drawing sheet;
- Sketch pen/ markers (preferably black);
- Gel pen (preferably black);
- A pencil;
- An eraser;
- A scale;
- Acrylic colours/ Watercolours;
- Brushes (flat/round – medium size);
- Water container;
- Rough cotton cloth;
- No prior skill or experience is required for this workshop;
- Instructions will be in English. The instructor is also comfortable with Hindi;
Other Important Points
- The image used in promotions and workshop details cover is for representation and may or may not be the exact work taught in the workshop. In the case of arts or crafts workshops, the image used is of an original work created by the instructor unless specifically stated;
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- Bodhiroom does not record its webinars;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.
Ticket for Beginners Warli Art with Manya₹250.00 Add to basket