Hey! My name is Shreya Singh. I am a 3rd-year student of Jesus and mary college. I am a self-taught artist. I love to do doodling, painting, hand lettering, and making intricate mandalas and zentangles. I am passionate about art, for me art is a way to calm myself, bring peace to my mind and it gives me so much positivity.
Beginner’s Tree Mandalas with Shreya
Mandalas are the artwork of the East – they are widely used in many Eastern cultures but are strongly associated with Buddhism You would likely have seen these geometric, diagrammatic, colourful pieces in a monastery with monks chanting as they prepare their art. Mandalas are used to represent the cosmos and the wholeness of all things. Not only is this art beautiful, the act of creating it is meditative.
About the Instructor (in their own words)
Hey! My name is Shreya. I am a 3rd-year student of Jesus and Mary College. I am a self-taught artist. I love to do doodling, painting, hand lettering, and to make intricate mandalas and zentangles. Also, I love to dance – whenever I feel sad, emotional, or happy I dance it out.
- Learning about Mandala art form;
- How to construct a grid to draw a mandala;
- Making a tree in between the mandala;
- Different patterns to make in your mandala;
Workshop Specific Points:
- Participants must have:
- A-4 size plain sheet;
- Pen/fine-liners/CD markers(black);
- Earbuds(minimum 5);
- Paints (white, pink and red ) or (orange and yellow) ;
- No prior skill or experience is required for this workshop;
- Instructions will be in English;
Other Important Points
- The image used in promotions and workshop details cover is for representation and may or may not be the exact work taught in the workshop. In the case of arts or crafts workshops, the image used is of an original work created by the instructor unless specifically stated;
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- Bodhiroom does not record its webinars;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.