I am Vibha, a visual artist from Mumbai, India. An alumnus of Rachana Sansad College of Applied Art; I am a traditional old school artist with the mind of a child. I also teach visualization to certificate course students in an art college in Mumbai. I believe art is freedom. Art is healing. Art is to make your version of the creation because you are not bound with rules. -Check my work on instagram @vibha.thakker -For video tutorials, check my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHMHyNnBjkNnowWnNt1IY5w
Beginner’s Mandalas with Vibha
Mandalas are the artwork of the East – they are widely used in many Eastern cultures but are strongly associated with Buddhism You would likely have seen these geometric, diagrammatic, colourful pieces in a monastery with monks chanting as they prepare their art. Mandalas are used to represent the cosmos and the wholeness of all things. Not only is this art beautiful, the act of creating it is meditative.
Instructor, Vibha, is a visual artist from Mumbai, India. She is n alumnus of Rachana Sansad College of Applied Art and says that she’s a traditional old school artist but with the curiosity of a child. Vibha also teaches visualization to certificate course students in an art college in Mumbai. Vibha believes that art is freedom, art is healing and that art is an endeavour to make your version of creation because you are not bound by rules. You can check out her work on her Instagram handle @vibha.thakker.
- Learn to create your own mandala from scratch;
- Tools and techniques used in the art;
- Related information – different pens, mediums, colours and various surfaces;
- Gridding a mandala and then progress to make a basic mandala;
Workshop Specific Points:
- Participants must have:
- You don’t need any prior experience to attend this webinar, just an eager mind would do;
- Instructions will be in English.
Other Important Points
- The image used in promotions and workshop details cover is for representation and may or may not be the exact work taught in the workshop. In the case of arts or crafts workshops, the image used is of an original work created by the instructor unless specifically stated;
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.
Would love to take more sessions from you. Enjoyed and learnt alot
- Manisha Oberoi
Good! Video issues were there, but that was minor.
- Aparna Sreedhar
Very interesting and fun and event! Vibha Ma'am is a really good teacher and I cannot wait to do more workshops.