I'm Geetanjali, a Quilling and Calligraphy artist pursuing MSc Mathematics from Miranda House, DU. I'm working as a freelance artist and an art instructor since last 2 years. I have an experience of 8+ years in quilling and 3+ years in Calligraphy. I have conducted 30+ workshops by now with a total of 350+ students. I take commission orders as well fro different products such as quilling portraits, nameplates, cards, jewellery, Calligraphy artworks etc. You can reach out to me via email or instagram for the same.
Beginner’s Faux Calligraphy with Geetanjali
Calligraphy is the art of writing words beautifully using specially designed nibs and pens. Specifically, faux or fake calligraphy is an imitation of traditional calligraphy that creates the same effect using fine liners, sketches, pencils or pens.
About the instructor (in their own words)
I’m Geetanjali, the artist behind the page @craftic_echoes. I’m a self-taught artist. I have always been an art enthusiast since my school days. I used to do Calligraphy unknowingly throughout my school days to make my notebooks and projects colourful and attractive. I got to know about brush calligraphy two years back which marks the beginning of my Calligraphy journey. I have been practicing brush Calligraphy since then and recently started with dip pen Calligraphy as well. I would love to share my journey and knowledge with others. Apart from calligraphy, I do quilling and have tried my hands on several other artforms like acrylic pouring, painting, card making, dreamcatchers, mandalas etc.
- Introduction to the art and tools;
- Basic strokes;
- Lowercase alphabets;
- Uppercase alphabets;
- Common mistakes and tips;
Workshop Specific Points:
- Participants must have:
- Ruled sheets/notebook;
- Pen/ sketch-pen/fine liners;
- No prior skill or experience is required for this workshop;
- Instructions will be in English. The instructor is also comfortable with Hindi;
Other Important Points
- The image used in promotions and workshop details cover is for representation and may or may not be the exact work taught in the workshop. In the case of arts or crafts workshops, the image used is of an original work created by the instructor unless specifically stated;
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app.
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email id as you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications.
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- Bodhiroom does not record its webinars;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.
Calligraphy is writing letters beautifully using specially designed nibs and pens. Whereas, Faux/ fake Calligraphy is the technique to create that effect using simple fineliners, sketches, pencils or pens.
Please also suggest easier-to-find alternatives for materials wherever possible. The easier it is to arrange materials, the more likely people will want to attend. PencilEraserRuled sheets/ notebookPen/sketchpen/fineliners