Hello, I am Sonam Mishra I am an artist by passion. I have worked as an Assistant Professor in engineering colleges but art is something that i have always cherished. I have taught more than 1000 students (in person & online) over the years. I have always believed that each and every soul on earth is artistic, only their art form is different. Come join me in exploring different dimensions of art and improving your skills. You can check out my artworks on my Instagram account.
Advanced Calligraphy with Sonam
For those already familiar with the basics of brush/ faux/ traditional calligraphy, let’s go one step further by adding an artistic touch to our pre-existing knowledge. This online class focuses more on how to use flourishes ( swirls/curves), bouncing (floating), embellishments on basic letters. Learn different background making techniques and how different alignment works on different writing techniques. The plus point is that you can use these techniques in all types (brush/traditional/ faux) of calligraphy.
About the instructor (in their own words)
Hello, I am Sonam Mishra an artist by passion. I have worked as an Assistant Professor in engineering colleges but art is something that I have always cherished. I have taught more than 1000 students (in person & online) over the years. I have always believed that each and every soul on earth is artistic, only their art form is different. Come join me in exploring different dimensions of art and improving your skills
- Flourishing (how to add swirls/ embellishments/ curves to your words);
- Bouncing (letting letters of a word float/ bounce across the base/ X line);
- Mistake corrections;
- Background making (watery, linear and dabbing technique);
- Proper positioning of words/ quotes;
Workshop Specific Details
- Participants must have:
- Participants must know basic calligraphy (like small/ capital letters and how to write words in calligraphy);
- Instructions will be in English. The instructor is comfortable with Hindi as well;
Other Important Points
- The image used in promotions and workshop details cover is for representation and may or may not be the exact work taught in the workshop. In the case of arts or crafts workshops, the image used is of an original work created by the instructor unless specifically stated;
- Participants under the age of 16 must have a parent or guardian nearby to help them out if needed;
- You will require a laptop with a functional microphone and webcam to join the webinar. If you intend to join on your mobile, you will need to download the free Google Meet app;
- You must have a good WiFi speed of at least 5 Mbps. A 4G connection will not suffice!
- Process: After you have purchased your ticket, you will be sent a calendar invite for the webinar within a day. This calendar invite will be sent on the same email ID as the one you have used while purchasing the ticket. Please do remember to RSVP! On the Friday prior to the webinar, you will be added to a WhatsApp group created for the webinar to facilitate communications;
- Please note that Bodhiroom only refunds the ticket price in case of cancellation on part of the organiser. There is no refund in case the participant is unable to attend and no possibility of re-using the ticket for another workshop;
- Bodhiroom does not record its webinars;
- For any queries/assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that instructors’ opinions are their own. Bodhiroom is not involved in content for workshops and encourages participants to do their own due diligence on workshop topics.
Lets explore the least explored nuances of brush calligraphy. Learn the advanced brush calligraphy technique and improve your lettering skills. In this workshop we will be practicing flourishing, bouncing, mistake corrections and background-making techniques. The plus point is that you can use these techniques in traditional as well as faux calligraphy. Get to know more details of this art form and make brush calligraphy a more enjoyable experience for yourself.
- Participants must know basic calligraphy techniques